JIT Integrated Central Library
Subscribed to IEEE Journals & DELNET
About the Library
As the most important logical extension of laboratory-practicum modules, the Central Library at JIT acts as an avenue for students to take an educated detour into the world of engineering ideas. The library is so designed to cultivate in the students, an appreciation for peaceful self-learning. We are committed to being outstanding stewards of our human, environmental, physical and digital resources. We engage in holistic decision-making, balancing current needs, resource allocation and long-term aspirations.
Library system uses KOHA ILMS for handling day to day routine tasks of the all the libraries. JIT Central Library also offers Cloud based resources to its users, such as e-books, e-journals, databases. Central Library subscribes number of journals, magazines and newspapers.
Serving as the Nerve Centre of JIT, Inculcates Reading Habits among the students and Teaching Community. Provides Inclusive Learning Spaces, Supports the Teaching Learning process via Best Practices of Library
Integrated with Department Libraries & Student-run Hostel Libraries and CCR Library.
- Circulation of Books and Non-Books
- Fully automated Library Operation
- News Paper and Placement Clippings in Notice Board
- Announcement Sections and Daily News Updates in OPAC
- Catalog of Open Access Journals Springer Nature & Cambridge Open Access eBooks in OPAC
- Quote of the Day in OPAC
- Circulation alert service via E-Mail to all Patrons
- Integrating all the Department Libraries in ILMS (OPAC)
- New Arrival Announcement via Bulk announcement e-Mail’s & JIT Telegram Group
- Best Library User Award