The Department of Computer Science and Engineering of Jansons Institute of Technology was established in 2009. The Department offers the following UG Progamme.
B.E. Computer Science and Engineering
The yearly intake is 90 students for B.E. Computer Science and Engineering. The Department has a comprehensive curriculum on topics related to all aspects of Computer Hardware and Software with an emphasis on practical learning. The course is affiliated with Anna University, Chennai. And it is up-to-date and includes courses on embryonic topics to equip our students with the latest developments. The Department provides an outstanding education and research environment complemented by excellence in teaching. The Department has state of the art infrastructure and computing equipment supported by high speed Ethernet and Internet facilities.
Our faculty members aim to deliver top class education blending their rich research experience with classroom teaching. The department takes special efforts to reduce the gap between Industry and Institute by inviting prominent persons from industries to interact with students. Computer Science and Engineering is a vital branch for all Engineering and Technology area. It gives lot of exposure to diversified Engineering areas like telecommunication, satellite image analysis, weather forecasting, software development, Business Process Outsourcing and medical fields in enhancing the human lifestyle. Hence the employment potential is very high for Computer Science Engineers.
To produce highly challenging professionals in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
▪ Facilitate students to excel in cutting edge technology as required in software industry.
▪ Inculcate skills that offer expertise and services to the community.
Programme Specific Outcomes
▪ To analyze, design and develop computing solutions by applying foundational concepts of Computer Science and Engineering.
▪ To apply software engineering principles and practices for developing quality software for scientific and business applications.
▪ To adapt to emerging Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) to innovate ideas and solutions to existing/novel problems.
- To pertain the knowledge acquired to investigate complex problems in mechanical engineering with due consideration for environmental and social impacts.
- To exercise the emerging technologies in the field of mechanical engineering for effective management of multidisciplinary projects.