The Department of English is one of the oldest and unique language departments in the campus, it was established in 2009 and associated with Department of Science and Humanities. Since its inception, the department has played an important role in establishing relevant specializations such as English for Competitive Examinations, Dynamics of Public Speaking and Creative Writing, Writing for the Media, Translation Studies and English Language Teaching. The faculty members provides extensive mentoring to the learners both in and beyond the classroom for a wide variety of forums. Guest Lectures and Symposia make up our calendar.
To provide holistic education by offering stimulated teaching environment thereby ensuring the students to grow personally, intellectually and professionally efficient to serve the humanity and the environment with incite and ethics.
- Executing innovative teaching – learning practices by empowering the students to explore their knowledge.
- Imparting skills of communication, problem solving, critical thinking and appropriate use of technology.
- To imbibe ethical behavior social responsibility and life-long learning attitude for the continuous growth and development.
- To enhance the language skills of the learners and to facilitate its uses.
- To encourage the learners’ contemplation and to reflect on what they have learned.
- To develop their holistic understanding of English language.