One day Seminar on “Current Scenario and Specific Assessment in Construction Industry”
A One Day Technical Seminar on “Current Scenario and Specific Assessment in Construction Industry” organized by Department of Civil Engineering and ICI Student Chapter on 13.07.2019.
In the first session, the Expert Speaker Dr. L. S.Jayagopal, Managing Director, Mithran Structures Private Limited, gave a deep insight into the various aspects of the current scenario viz.
- Assessment procedures in Construction Industry.
- The skills to be enhanced by the students before entering the Construction Industry.
- 4M’s(Men, Material, Machinery, Methods) – concept in Construction Industry.
- Importance of Steel structures in the global stage and the economic structural considerations of a structure with a view of cost and weight reduction using concepts like lattice purlins, double plane trusses, etc.
- Hints on pyramids and vaulted structures.
The second session began at 11:30AM and the Expert Speaker Er.C.Shanmugasundaram, Technical Director, Comten Consulting Engineers Private Limited, Coimbatore enlightened the gathering on contents related to,
- Design of Seismic Resistant Structures and details about the mechanism of continental drifts and Plate Tectonics Movements.
- The practices to be carried out for making the structure an Earthquake resistant one.
- The current advancements in practices like Base Isolation Techniques, Seismic Dampeners, etc.
ICI Student Chapter office bearers:
- Ms. T. Priya – IV year.
- Mr.BharatvajBalaji – IV year.
- Ms.V.Kavithanjaali – III year.
- Ms.C.S.Sanjitha – III year.